View Single Post
Old 21 April 2022, 08:21 PM   #16
arnage
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ink3027 View Post
I tend to be pretty hard on watches, and the SBGA415 has truly been a daily -- I've worn it virtually every day for the past 8 months. And I have two young kids and rarely take off the watch. So it's with me wrestling with the kids, going for bike rides, doing work around the house or in the yard, etc. It has been put to the test, to say the least.

With that said, I think it looks really good -- surprisingly good for the life it has lived. I can see light hairline scratches on the polished areas and some light wear on the bracelet and case if the light hits it just right, but overall I'd say it has aged better than past stainless steel watches have done in the same conditions. There are no major dents or dings or scratches that can be felt with a fingernail.

This is my first GS and first titanium watch and so far I am very, very impressed. It has held up very well physically and keeps time at a consistent +7 seconds per month, which is phenomenal.
Thank you for the detail in relaying your experience..!
I have an SBGA415 too - but haven't worn it very much, as I just didn't want to mar its finish (I know, why bother getting a watch if you'd prefer not to wear it, over the others you already have..). I have tended towards wearing ceramic pieces, as they always seem to look showroom new.

I guess I'll start using the winter more, now!

OP - great choice..
arnage is offline   Reply With Quote