View Single Post
Old 25 April 2022, 01:24 AM   #168
S``
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolex16 View Post
He did appear to indicate making an offer on that watch. However, right after that at 13:30-14:00 he also clearly says 15 people have come in saying they want to sell and he is not buying anything. So it's not like people are just making this stuff up.

I'm not sure why some get so defensive when any talk of the market dropping comes up. It's almost like many don't want the market to return to what it was before. For me, as a watch lover, the pre-2016 market was way better than today, and I would think all watch lovers would like a return to that.
1.) I did list an entire video worth of rejected models. I stated specifically about someone dropping in and was outright rejected of an unknown model, likely a 6 digit.

2.) If the best rebuttal you could come up with is that I am getting "defensive" re-read my entire summary. Show me where I had embellished any details of the exact video you quoted. I even went further to show You that one month ago CRM went on a patek purchasing spree worth $2m (their own words, not mine)... So financially they might be in a different spot than other dealers.

3.) I could say the same of you, why are you getting defensive and moving goal posts to what models should be a barometer to a "healthy market"... If things aren't moving, shouldn't one expect a 100k JM Daytona to drop in price 50% and for CRM to tell that particular client to "fly a kite" without quoting a range of outcome??? While no one knows what might happen in their life next week... I'd take your other side of the trade if you are looking for a 50% haircut...

4.) Instead of 2016, why not quote 2014? 2015? Things were more dire then, Chinese was cracking down on watches as "gifts" and prices were dropping like a rock...

5.) I love the price appreciation, I am not some whale unlike 99% of the folks here... I am fine and content with not being able to add watches or be buying lower end brands like Oris for my daily wear... Does that not make me a watch lover???
S`` is offline   Reply With Quote