View Single Post
Old 26 April 2022, 02:44 AM   #94
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbalster View Post
The watch industry really underserves San Francisco. One can only hope that someday there will be enough wealth in this part of the country to attract Patek, AP, ALS, and VC to support boutiques. We do have Hublot and Bulgari at least.

I inquired if there will ever be a FPJ boutique in SF. And the answer was a quick no, the reason being that they don’t have enough watches to sell already. I am sure it is the same case with AP, VC and Lange.

My guess is that if you want a piece badly enough, you can always travel to SoCal to show your “dedication”. In most cases, the piece you want to see would not be in store anyway and if you are lucky, the boutique can arrange to have one transferred from another store for you to try on. So having a local store here is minimal benefit to the brand.

Another interesting fact I found out this weekend. VC has 31 boutiques (not AD) in China. And just within Shanghai, there are 4 boutiques and countless ADs. And there are only 5 boutiques in the entire USA. I found it shocking…
llngoc is offline   Reply With Quote