View Single Post
Old 11 May 2022, 10:30 PM   #65
teck21
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor Black Bay 58
It's happening....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillA View Post
The question is: When will we know when things are back to “normal.” My definition of normal is when you can walk into an AD and there is a selection of watches to buy in the AD’s showcase. Right now Rolex watches in the showcase are either non-existent or Exhibition models, which are not for sale.

If and when this occurs, then you will know the game is over for the grey dealers gouging us for watches because then we can buy at MSRP.

When will this occur? We will have to stand-bye.

That’s important, a reference point.

Without one, all talk of corrections and price increases are quite meaningless and all debate will be at cross purposes.

My idea of normal, which is based on my own entry point into the brand is when everything apart from a select few references can be obtained at an AD without excessive hassle (read relationship or bundling).

The excessive demand of the past year has abated somewhat and should continue to until the ‘new’ normal where it isn’t impossible for a new customer to get a DJ, but the usual hot references will still be reserved for ‘preferred’ customers.

A lot depends on economic conditions that will play out over the next year or so though.

Rolex is no longer … just a watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk