View Single Post
Old 11 May 2022, 11:22 PM   #70
samuel019
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Me go broke!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
I don’t know why you would think the people setting the pricing are the idiots. Aren’t the people paying the prices the idiots? So many members on this forum attack the wrong people in this game. So if you had a discontinued hulk for example. You can use any watch in this example but I’ll use the hulk. If you put it on eBay for a bidding war and it got all the way up to $75,000 that some guy actually paid you; for you to be consistent you would blame yourself for taking the money and not the person who gave it to you right?

During the mass exodus that still continues to this day from northern states that had extremely harsh restrictions during Covid to southern states like Florida that didn’t a massive stress has been put on the housing market down here. Wealthy people from places like New Jersey got in bidding wars for particular houses all over our state. They were buying houses that were typically worth $300,000 for upwards of $800,000. It happened some friends of mine in the Tampa area. They were perfectly happy in their house and some dude offered 2 1/2 times what it was worth and the next thing you know they had to pack up and leave. Laughing all the way of course. They are not idiots.

Bret

We are somewhat vets to TRF and my only point in that comment is with all these market adjustments, people dropping prices, people talking market gloom and doom, which I think we still have a long way to go before that happens was in reference to one watch.

A 13 year old 116505 for basically $85k. I’m sorry that just nuts. It’s like the website is somewhat desperate to move inventory with bundles etc but wait lets slide this piece in at a ridiculous price that I’d imagine even someone with money to burn wouldn’t pay. Quite a few Greys have BNIB 505’s for 10k less. Much less a 2010 probably watch only. Is that dial discontinued? Even if so still bonkers.

I only stumbled upon there recent tactics from this thread granted I’m familiar with there site and just IMO thought why in the hell would they do that on that one reference. Well as you stated they can and someone might pay it. Ok. Fine.

Just looks as they’re desperate but yet still pricing insane. I’d like to think you’d want some type of uniformity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk