View Single Post
Old 12 May 2022, 12:32 AM   #82
samuel019
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Me go broke!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
Brother I completely agree with you. I think the only disagreement you and I have is where we lay the blame. I do not blame the grey dealers. I just can’t. It’s the people giving them the money who is the blame in my opinion. When they stop overpaying for these things, and it looks like we are heading in that direction then the grey dealers will stop asking for those prices. This is just my opinion.

We are on the same channel. I'm in agreement with you on the Grey market.

Well to a certain point. Not ALL are bad or the big bad evil in our hobby. I dont ever remember reading or hearing people complain when they were selling thousands "under" MSRP. Some Greys just adapt and roll with the market better. I mentioned a few posts above that I have went Grey and a will probably do so in the future. Well maybe-See that comment

If we were in circa pre 2014-2015 you'd never read a bad word word about Greys but "some" have been bad to our hobby as of the recent Rolex madness the last 6 years or so. But thats to be expected when we have new Grey sellers/wannabe watch dealers popping up left and right.

I remember for me when the core group was made up of David, Oscar, Tony, Patrick, and Than. I have bought from all 5. Some experiences better than others. But now look......................

Therein lies the problem IMO