View Single Post
Old 12 May 2022, 12:36 AM   #13
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiran View Post
I understand you have been pushing for MB&F to be a new Trinity but their recent MAD1 red's (or blue for that matter) quality doesn't impress me much. You said NO EXCEPTIONS! in cap so I don't know how this gels with your support of them as the new Trinity with that quality I am seeing.
Hmmm, totally my bad as am not 'pushing' for MB&F per se, yet yes to at least to be considered. Overall i feel a new list should be created, yet it's up to whoever creates the rules, and of course those who 'vote' to decide. i had two different magazine editors discuss things with me about the trinity.

Months ago did mention changing Wiki, and think that's what freaked some people within the industry out. Look, am just a guy online.

It's the long-overdue / oversight of the 'voting industry' and delays to make a new list that is failing consumers and enthusiasts alike. It is obvious the 60-year-old list is long out of date, and think many agree on this.

And we're 10000% cool, yet M.A.D. is not part of MB&F. Max has said as much, and he's got plans for the M.A.D brand. So being part of some fabled list does not mean success either, as many brands not on any list are doing quite well. i do predict Max's M.A.D. brand will be highly successful in and of itself.

MB&F is fine on their own, they don't 'need' to be on a list to prove their inherent value. While i've never met Max, have a feeling there's no Big Ego there to even care that much about being on some list.

Some other brands have Big Egos and, sadly, their ego plus being on some outdated list does not directly equate to higher quality products. Some could argue certain brands have been 'resting on their laurels'.

Besides, being on a list is the opposite of being a raver. And if you're not familiar with the 10 Commandments about being a Raver...

Quote:
An ebauche movement can still be finished to the highest degree, like some iterations of the Lemania. I'm fully aware of its humble pricing but you did say NO EXCEPTIONS!
100000% agree, and M.A.D. is not and should not be considered as part of some fabled Trinity. Sure their first effort, the M.A.D.1, is mind-boggling (especially considering the retail value), yet odds are whatever rules are made would exclude M.A.D. from the voting.

PS: You can't have 'a revolution' if 'the music' isn't right. Know what i mean boys? Enjoy the music
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote