View Single Post
Old 15 May 2022, 07:32 PM   #9
minute_man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BoctokKomandirskie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry-57 View Post
I don't have a DJ because the Sky Dweller, for me, renders it unnecessary, the caveat being that I love the Sky Dweller. It's big for a Rolex but not big per se. I have a SS black and a TT white and they wear very comfortably on my 6.5" wrist. Apart from its user friendliness and ease of use, I like its stealth - it could be a DJ from a distance or at a quick glance. I have nothing against the DJ. If I found the Sky Dweller to be unsuitable for me I would have bought a DJ or two long ago.

I'm waiting for a SS blue on Jubilee. It's different enough from the black on Oyster, and sufficiently beautiful to earn a place in my collection - if I live long enough! With the demo models now in ADs you will probably be able to try one for real. I thought it would be too big for me, but I was able to try on a TT Champagne model at my AD. It worked for style, comfort and fit, but not visually. There was too much YG on it for me but I was able to confirm that I would get on with one in a different configuration.
Thanks for this, it really helps. TT champagne didn't work for me either. Somewhat of a near miss I guess. That's why I'm thinking a SS jubilee with a darker dial could be spot on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krash View Post
I have 7.25” wrists too. I think I’d go with the DJ41. It wears a lot smaller than the SkyD.

I’ve just decided I’m not getting another watch as big as my 42mm Seamaster Diver 300m which wears similarly to a SkyD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seems I'll have to try one on before asking firm from my AD.
42 mm is as big as I'm willing to go. And the smaller that wears, the better.
minute_man is offline   Reply With Quote