View Single Post
Old 2 June 2022, 12:20 AM   #105
Erpin
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex DRSD
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo3 View Post
"Could be a special order" shows that the OP most likely did not speak to a vintage expert at Rolex in Acacias (Geneva), but to a Rolex watchmaker at the reception, where the OP took the shown photo. Normally their statements (vintage experts) are much more careful. At the HQ they don't deliver letters of authentication, I tried without success for a valuable vintage watch in 2020.

I agree that "authentic by default" is a meaningless saying if it comes from some RSC, but not from Geneva HQ. They very carefully check such a delicate and probably valuable watch before they offer a service quote, and this takes some time!

I tend to disagree, if such a special watch was serviced by Rolex HQ in Geneva it is the best authentication you can find, imho. I trust them more than "original papers" or any other source.

What would worry me more is the claim that a "quotation will be emailed in 2 weeks". Based on my experience, this seems by far too short to perform an extensive inspection of such a special watch, which would take at least about 2 months in Geneva.

What is very good is the customer request, i.e. the list of things Rolex should NOT touch or do. This is very important.

I am sure it will take them a few months for a quotation. My other watch took them 8 months to come up with a quotation!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Erpin is offline   Reply With Quote