View Single Post
Old 13 June 2022, 11:22 PM   #149
PVR
"TRF" Member

Ok, since I hate being wrong and hate being questioned, I went into my archives to look at other dials from this era. The serial is consistent with a 1962 watch and the exclamation point also puts the dial at 1962. So, I searched my archives and online and compared the print of the silver dial to the print of all other Gilt exclamation point dials I could find.

I stand behind this dial being refinished and relumed with weaker lume. I learned that exclamation point lume is weaker than earlier lume, but it still reads higher than Erpins Watch. I dont want to piss on the parade, but we are all here to learn and investigate so thats what I did.

Erpins dial has a crown/coronet that is nothing like any other example. The hole/opening on the bottom of the crown is much larger and open, compared to other printed dials that have a closed smaller hole.

in addition to that the OYSTER PERPETUAL writing below Rolex should not have any serifs in the fonts. In Erpins watch OYSTER PERPETUAL is written in Serif font. Didn't exist on any other 1675 Gilt dial from that era.

The "O" in rolex should also be slanted on an angle which it isn't on Erpins dial.
The "U" in the final word PERPETUAL should be further Left and on Erpins dial it lines up directly under the "X" in Rolex, which is incorrect.

I see other differences too with spacing and alignment, but this should be enough to show its not just a silver dial, its a completely different screen of text and fonts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2022-06-13b at 9.09.59 AM.jpg (233.9 KB, 483 views)
PVR is offline   Reply With Quote