View Single Post
Old 12 July 2022, 02:57 AM   #125
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltingicecube View Post
People think Rolex are some genuines playing three dimensional chess! If they are, why did their watches trade at a massive discount prior to 2018?

I think this was a 5 year bubble that's in process of bursting! Many things (covid helicopter money, people saving during lockdowns, interest rates & QE, stocks/crypto boom) went right all at the same time and all those factors are now reversing!

I'm watching the China situation very closely, if China goes down, flippers/speculators are in big big trouble!
rolex played a big part in it though. everything you said was part of the reason why prices went crazy but let's not act like rolex didn't sit there enabling it with bundling, fake waitlists and closing down a lot of ADs

they took advantage of the environment to go up market and now the inevitable correction is happening. time will tell if they'll cut production to keep their image and hype and force the floor to be msrp going forward or if things will go back to pre 2016. i can't believe people are still questioning the brand's marketing at this point. you really think they aren't geniuses? lol