View Single Post
Old 7 August 2022, 04:42 PM   #21
Carguy87
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: JC 126660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonmartin View Post
Thanks!

I hear you! I was debating between this and the Speedmaster too and I think it will be next pick up just not sure what variant just yet.
If you have the chance to visit an OB or an AD with a large selection I would definitely recommend trying on a few different variants. I went to the OB in San Fran with the sole intention of leaving with a sapphire sandwich moonwatch, and ended up with the Speedmaster moonphase instead and couldn’t be happier. Getting to put watches on your wrist is truly the best way to make that decision. Funny thing too I had seen the Sedna gold accented Seamaster on rubber in photos and didn’t care for it, but when I put it on (at the suggestion of my better half) I loved it and as I said it was a coin flip. In the end I left with the moonphase since one of the things I wanted more immediately in my collection was a black dial, less flashy daily for work since my Rolex JC is tall and attention grabbing (being a Rolex diver) and sometimes gives off the wrong vibe with clients. The moonphase has been perfect; I’ve gotten a couple “nice watch, what is that?” compliments whereas with my Rolex I’ve gotten mostly just stares and even a small eye roll I’m sure they didn’t think I noticed once lol.
Carguy87 is offline   Reply With Quote