View Single Post
Old 8 August 2022, 01:32 AM   #21
Smobews
"TRF" Member

Watch: The BIG ones
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guybrush View Post
I’m for unabashed horological nerdiness. Feel like some people are here to regard watches as fashion accessories, or investments; some enjoy queries about whether it’s safe to wear their watches; some enjoy “should I this or should I that?” posts; some want to gripe about ADs, etc etc. But many of us are here because we’re fascinated by watches as engineering marvels, and wonky analytics like this are fun.

I’m in the process of sorting out how to self-regulate my watch. Not an urgent issue; just a point of interest.

These are very expensive watches—nothing wrong with considering them with respect to hyper accurate timekeeping. No different than appreciating a sports car for its acceleration.
Best way is to buy an inexpensive timegrapher like the Weishi 1900. You will instantly know the performance of your watch in five relevant positions. Otherwise you can keep track of your watch over a weeks time in a specific resting position each night, noting the accuracy. After a few weeks of testing each position, you will be able to self regulate.
Smobews is offline   Reply With Quote