View Single Post
Old 8 August 2022, 01:36 AM   #17
CharlesN
"TRF" Member

Watch: I love them all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cauhauna View Post
What can you tell us about the testing positions?
Hi Cau,

I am a little unsure exactly what you are asking but I will try and give you the basics of what i think you want to know..

Generally a Rolex watch will run a little faster with the dial UP or Dial Down (Thats called Horizontal).
In the other 3 positions, 9up, 6Up and 3Up (Usually called Vertical) a watch usually runs a little slowly.

Thats NOT a hard and fast rule as a watch is a marvel of engineering and occasionally can be regulated poorly so those general rules dont apply, but, thats rare thankfully.

These 5 positions are the positions many people use to keep their watch running with really good timekeeping as watches when worn all day can either gain or loose a little.

This little amount of overnight compensation often keeps a watch in very good timekeeping order.

Another help for you woud be an app on your phone to assist you with logging the error of your watch so you know how to rest it at night. WatchTracker is available for an iPhone. I highly recommend it.

You may want to visit your AD and his watchmaker to get a printout of how your watch is behaving in the 5 positions .... Most AD's will be able to arrange the test (Performed on a timegrapher) for you which takes less than 15 mins in total. With that information you will already have a good idea of how much a watch will gain or loose in what position overnight.

I hope I have been clear with this answer, but, If not please just ask for more information.
CharlesN is offline   Reply With Quote