View Single Post
Old 22 August 2022, 09:39 PM   #1
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
What would you do?

If you are familiar with the car world, it’s similar to the watch world.

Things were way way inflated. Some cars, like some watches, if they are limited enough are still going for big money over.

I admit, when I got this Ultimae, I definitely entertained selling it. Heck, I told a broker if he gets me the right number, I’d do it. But I’m about to increase that number.

I’ve never been in a car like this before. Yes, I’ve had some cool cars. 458, 720, DBS etc. Even the Turbo S is borderline Supercar performance.

None of these even compare with the Ultimae. Don’t get me wrong, I prefer the 911 in almost every way. But those are individual preferences based on my own personality.

Truth is, this lambo is mind blowing. Never have I felt so grounded and planted. Never have I felt this giddy power. Words just can’t do it justice.

So now, I really don’t want to sell it. I could wipe out nearly all my dumb mistakes in one sale. But, I’m thinking selling might be another dumb mistake. Whether I’m in a stock, or this car, I’m not sure the investment aspect is too different.

Sure, there are carrying costs for the car. But not terrible. And I do pay a fee to my FA. And my guess is that I’ll have as good a chance of this car doubling in value as I would any given blue chip stock. Likely, my chances are better. Last NA V12 lambo ever. Last of the Aventador line. 1 of 250 made. Only about 1/3 of them in the states.

And this spec is just super classy. Hard to part with it. Think I’ll be keeping it for the time being.

Curious though, for you car guys, and you non car guys, what would you do?

Sell for the quick buck. Or keep in hopes of purse enjoyment along with it also being a good short term or long term investment.

(Please don’t tell me that cars should not be an investment. If you know even a little about me, you know I love and drive my cars. Hard. This is simply a very different opportunity).

Btw, not my house. That’s a buddies and his STO.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 8D1E0B4E-4306-4177-B6C6-9FE03D68CB37.jpeg (180.9 KB, 721 views)
File Type: jpeg A991B0BF-2017-4372-B8A1-3EEDCC70DCD5.jpeg (273.5 KB, 716 views)

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote