View Single Post
Old 9 September 2022, 11:36 AM   #3
Guppydriver
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 126710BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by kunlun View Post
How do you feel about it?

Rules don't really apply anymore, there are only guidelines to help you discover your own feelings.

Women, for example, wear all sorts of sizes. Why not men?

The watch looks great. Big but not clownish. If you know you'll wear it, then get it and enjoy.

If you have some doubts, then the Ahoi or club campus or a bunch of other Nomos watches will be perfect.
I appreciate the post. Honestly, I'm right on the bubble. I've been wearing a GS SBGM221 lately at 39mm so maybe it's skewed my judgement. I frequently wear a 42 Pelagos LHD (I thinks it's 42, maybe 41), but it doesn't seem near as big. Maybe it's because there is so much more dial without the diving bezel (and the aforementioned lugs).

I know we like to say "who cares what other may think", and I agree, but I also like to solicit the opinion of others who also appreciate the hobby. What's hard is the AD is very small, so they don't have a ton of other models by which to compare. Although I have smaller wrist (7.25), I have a bit of a muscular top half so I could probably pull it off.

Maybe I'll wait to see the Ahoi I like, but like I said, the AD got pretty aggressive with price. It might be worth checking out the Tangomat GMT as well, a no date GMT sounds heavenly.
Guppydriver is online now   Reply With Quote