Thread: Price increase?
View Single Post
Old 11 September 2022, 06:36 AM   #152
thecrownprince
"TRF" Member

Price increase?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psm11 View Post
Totally! Right now there are only one or two APs I want (a ROC [do not care if it a 50th model] and a ROO). Maybe one day that will change and I will move on to wanting QPs and other harder to get pieces that would make suffering through the process of building the relationship worth it. But then again, WTF kind of relationship is it when it is such a negative experience for a lot of clients who aren't able to/willing to buy models they don't want? I want to journey to owning my first AP and spending tens of thousands of dollars to be enjoyable and that has not been my experience as of late with my SA. It seems like a no brainer to pay less than or about MSRP and have your watch today and avoid all the BS.

As an aside, I found it interesting in a recent interview with the outgoing CEO the explicit mention of making sure that when one buys an AP they do not lose 50% of the value the second they walk out the door, which he said was still the case even 5 years ago. I totally get and respect that and it gives me some hope that they aren't really looking for their watches to be worth 3-4x MSRP but instead have it so the watch doesn't lose value or appreciates slightly for really rare pieces.

Interesting note re: what FB said. I’m a VIP client at Lamborghini and had a chance to sit down with the CEO for about 40 mins at one of the track day events. He mentioned the same approach for Lamborghini - they want to keep the production always below demand - customers who get a chance to order and wait for the car if will get a rare car. He wants every car to leave the dealership not losing thousands of dollar but gain value instead.

Like watches, you have to establish a relationship with your dealer. The first car is always the hardest to get allocated.

Like AP. Most lambos that are delivered today already gained $30k-$120k in value (todays market value) - before the crash those numbers were $60-250k.

With AP the first watch is the hardest but once you get over that obstacle it’s much smoother. There is still a wait but having a good relationship with your BT it can make that wait 3 months instead of 3 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
thecrownprince is offline   Reply With Quote