View Single Post
Old 27 June 2009, 01:19 AM   #40
ayecarumba
"TRF" Member

Watch: the one I'm wearin
Rolex and Omega never did this for me!....

http://rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=84983

Enjoyed reading and learning a thing or two. For the record, I own and love both. You cannot go wrong with either. My ....:
  • Well, see the above link...Breitling really does treat it's customers to some nice gestures of gratitude...Never had anything like that from Rolex or Omega....even when times were good!
  • Breitling is the OLDER company between the 2
  • Breitling has a deeper history of involvement with aviation (Navitimer, Chronographs, Cosmonaute, etc...)and assertively pursues promotion and advertising to build upon that image. Rolex only has 2 models (GMT and AirKing) that really have any aviation heritage associated with them...
  • Breitling does frequently change/update their models, often dramatically with the exception of the Navitimer series...whereas Rolex takes a much more conservative and slower approach to redesigns or changes
  • Overall, I believe Breitling makes the most handsome cases/bracelets out there, but the new GMT IIc is a homerun!

Enjoying the discussion!

--Paul

"Whether we wake or we sleep, Whether we carol or weep, The Sun with his planets in chime,
Marketh the going of Time." --Edward Fitzgerald
ayecarumba is offline   Reply With Quote