View Single Post
Old 29 September 2022, 10:00 AM   #57
dmash
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qngo516 View Post
I’m not convinced that will ever happen. The illusion of ultra luxury, is exclusivity.

If everyone gets what they want, the magic disappears. At least half (to 75%) of new customers will wait for a long time for a call, even if AP can satisfy everyone in a recession.

40 grands will NOT get you an RO. 40 grand plus LUCK might. LUCK, is the magical ingredient for ultra lux brands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is all being spoke of whilst watches have been trading above MSRP. This all goes out the window of grey settles to MSRP. What you speak of is only in a post COVID watch market, it wasn’t the case as recent as 4 years ago. AP/PP was still haute horology, produced in even lower numbers, and was seen as some of the most exclusive brands. Yet Joe Schmoe could walk in and grab a Nautilus or RO off the street, at discount (that was more 2015 but still). It was ultra luxury then, yet your point of exclusivity was non-existent.

People should be careful believing with *certainty* this a downturned watch market could never be the reality again. I like to buy watches assuming they’ll be worth half what I paid. I’m happier that way.
dmash is offline   Reply With Quote