Thread: German Watches
View Single Post
Old 14 October 2022, 10:19 AM   #5
Dave455
"TRF" Member

You’ve made a good start as you’ve included the two makers that I consider outstanding, namely Sinn and Hanhart. Not a bad achievement, as both tend to “fly under the radar” so to speak.

Before looking at other marques I might be tempted to really explore what Sinn and Hanhart have to offer. With Sinn, you really do get what you pay for. If you were to move up from the 556 to an 856, for example, you get the “Tegimented” case, which really does work. I’ve owned a 756 chronograph for probably 18 years and it shows no wear. The 756 remains probably the most legible chrinograph ever produced, and is a future classic. The chronographs are probably Hanhart’s strongest line too.

If you wanted to try other makers, then Tutima and Wempe come to mind. Tutima originally had a similar line to Hanhart (similar background) but in my opinion have moved further from it. They do produce some nice sport watches though.

Wempe’s “Zeitmeister” line are, I think, about the most undervalued out there. The designs are nice, but they seem to assemble them with a degree of care that you normally only get by spending a lot more. Sometimes not even then..! Here’s mine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg DEC6F0AC-9A29-4478-A84B-7C62CF0E7F12.jpeg (68.5 KB, 276 views)
Dave455 is offline   Reply With Quote