View Single Post
Old 31 October 2022, 05:13 PM   #125
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanalasta View Post
This. And the spring drive movement is relatively unique.

Secondary market (generally) better for Rolex.

My reservation is that I’m undecided about quality of the service centres (especially in Australia. And as they also handle generic Seiko I suspect GS isn’t the norm for them). 9R spring drive movements get sent to Japan.

The finish and pricing of some of the masterpiece line are holy trinity territory.

GS release a lot of models. And limited editions. Unlike Rolex where you choose from select dial options from a small range, navigating watch reference numbers and the website can be overwhelming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Omiwatari is stunning and rather versatile if one is into shaping straps
Service in OZ for GS is(i think) strictly a send it back to the mothership proposition.
Spring drive and Hi Beat won't be touched by them here and I'm extremely confident my sbgw253 with a 9s64 goes back to Japan and that's one of the reasons why I bought it. Imagine that?
If that applied to every Rolex sold going back to Switzerland to be serviced exclusively by the mothership

As you say, Seiko servicing here can be extremely hit or miss, with the last one done on a watch I gladly wore quite a lot for a number of years turning me right off
The watch eventually died anyway, leaving me to slum it with Rolex for many years. So every cloud has a silver lining
Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote