View Single Post
Old 3 November 2022, 05:24 AM   #27
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzPaul View Post
Hard to get interested in this Series.
One team finished third in their division (not league, division) and the other is best known for cheating.
baseball is the most random of the major sports and has the highest variance due to the nature of the game (round bat, round ball, umps having different strike zones). i don't think it's fair to say that since a team finished 3rd in their division they don't deserve to be here. they played good or got hot when it counted. the braves did the same last year and the nats as well in 2019

mlb format is more to blame imo because you play 160 games and then a 3 game wildcard can completely wipe out everything you did in the regular season. look at the mets, played good all season and blew the one series that mattered vs the braves in the last weekend of the season which caused them to have to play the wild card against a padres team that happened to play good and that was it for them. it makes no sense to have a regular season be a marathon when the playoffs are a sprint

i can't get into this world series for a different reason since i'm a yankees fan but i don't hold anything against the phillies for getting their shit together when it mattered most. that's something i wish the yankees did instead of being regular season warriors every year then choking in playoffs
huncho is offline   Reply With Quote