View Single Post
Old 4 November 2022, 03:00 AM   #35
donas
Banned

Watch: 116619
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobernet View Post
I’m going to spend shore days on shore doing things. I have no idea how I’m going to spend sea days. I’ve never been on a cruise. Am I laying in a lounge chair for 16 hours around a crowded pool? Definitely not.
Cruising was our primary vacation prior to Covid, been on probably 25-30. For us, we cruise primarily Princess. Though we like Royal Caribbean ships the best the Princess crowd is more to our liking (generally older, less drunks and craziness).

I enjoy a regular rotation of watches at home and usually do the same on vacation. I've never taken more than three though. Yes, the room safes are dinky doozies and easily opened by someone with a little know how, but they "keep the honest people honest" we say. My opinion differs from many I have seen on this thread. You have the same room steward throughout and there are more cameras on a ship than you can imagine. It is a safe bet if someone enters your room, it's recorded.

As far as what will you be doing. We usually attend various activities such as art auctions, classes or briefings on misc this and that. Our favorite activity is to take our kindles to a public area read a little and people watch a little. A cruise is quite a melting pot, interesting stuff to see if you just sit back and watch. My skin is as white as they come, zero sun tolerance so I have never spent a minute in or around the pool except for "movie under the stars night" we rarely miss that, particularly on Alaskan cruises (our personal favorite). On Royal Caribbean, book your activities early, prior to even leaving. They are the only line that requires reservations for nightly shows etc. and are usually booked at the time of the event.

The tv sucks on every line. If you like relaxing with some shows before bed, I recommend downloading some from Netflix or something prior.
donas is offline   Reply With Quote