View Single Post
Old 1 December 2022, 07:35 PM   #31
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bondtoys View Post
Well, you could see it that way - or - that after 20 years, the case is almost half worn down.
And most of the watches on the current market had 5 years of Service intervalls, so a lot of potential damage has happened much quicker.
904L seems to be softer and so the damages are deeper and the loss of material therefore will be higher.

And then there are people who let their watch be repolished every couple of years and those watches all end up then with spiderlegs as lugs.
Just have a look at recent listings of 1016 on Chrono 24 and have a look on the lugs ;)

Unpolished only for me
Each to there own but normal routine polish at normal service intervals only should not be any problems with any modern day Rolex watch produced from the late 1980s on. Below a picture of my own personal working tool watch late 1990s early 2000 16600 SD ,it was used and many times abused for many years underwater as a real working tool with well over 600 hours underwater. And has been serviced and polished by now 4 different RSC world wide. This working tool SD has seen more use than todays Subs- SD - DSSD watches will see in ten lifetimes. Yet now well over 20 years old still ticking and looking good today, case ring still got decades of use left.

[/QUOTE]

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote