View Single Post
Old 15 December 2022, 12:36 PM   #31
KY..
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 60s to 90s
Quote:
Originally Posted by King0424 View Post
I know the watch I want and I have made my mind up.
What I am doing here is posting some pieces that I’ve ran across to get some folks opinions.
Like you said..it’s best to get these guys blessing before I buy.
I’ve been a sub guy all of my life..And I won’t ever be anything other than that.

At the end..Take a look at the recent photo I posted. What about that piece is incorrect? Wrong bezel? Wrong dial? Wrong hands?.
A quick look at your latest photo posted does not completely fit the desirable look of a period correct 1680 Sub to me because of the newer blue faded flat 4 bezel, the Sec/Hr/Min hand colors don’t match each other and are not within a couple color shades of the dial lume color, and the dial lume looks a bit suspicious IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by King0424 View Post
I believe the piece I ran across is a 77 or 78 White sub.
Wanted to shoot a photo over to you so you could see..
I appreciate any feedback as this may be my first vintage piece.
Which model Submariner is it you are actually looking for and what is your budget?
Is it the mid to late 70’s 1680 (660ft) or an early or late 16800 (1000ft) date with or without papers?
There are specific nuances to all of them and it is best to learn those nuances first before a disaster strikes.
This example that was posted above looks like an earlier 16800 than your original 16800 posted that had lume plot borders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filipăo View Post
OP, this is what always here from down under is referring to.

;-)

Nicer but obviously dearer.

Take your time. Rushing is buyer's worst enemy. I can tell you that...