Thread: Electric cars.
View Single Post
Old 18 December 2022, 06:29 AM   #106
JoeJoeBobo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
If I am reading your post right, and I fully admit I may be doing it wrong, you insinuate that this, the conversion to EVs, is an attempt just to make more money? By (I guess) governments and car manufacturers and scientists? I could not wholeheartedly disagree more. This transition is costing BILLIONS of dollars, to invent new technologies, new Electric infrastructure, etc. To make more money all the entities we have discussed would be much better off to continue improving the ICE industry. I admit, maybe I misunderstood what you said.

Please, feel free to quote me anytime, but just so I understand, a straight up question, and please answer me straightly (is straightly a word? ). Let me rephrase, answer me directly with a yes or a no.

Is it your opinion, that sometime, perhaps immediately, perhaps a few years from now, but prior to the ban on ICE powered vehicles, the governments, businesses, environmentalists, all the people and organizations that I mentioned above, that have spent BILLIONS of dollars and countless hours of effort, in many different countries, will come to the conclusion they are wrong and reverse all these steps and ICE vehicles will continue to be the dominant type? I realize they are right now, and will be for decades, but is it your belief that the steps to convert to an EV (or hydrogen or?) powered vehicle civilization will all be withdrawn and forgotten and we will continue like we have for the last 100 or so years? (ICE as the main source).

Is that your opinion?

I am off to the gym (in my EV) right now but I look forward to reading your response!
Lol. Many so called smart people also said Crypto was the future. I believe there are many threads here on it. Even one new one that now asks is crypto dead.

Something will soon come along that will change all your experts minds like the grid crashing, minerals extinct, hydrogen power etc. Lets not forget the EMP or hack of power plant that can keep from using that electric in event of emergency.

I guess you missed the part where I said we also own an EV…Taycan to be exact. But that doesn’t mean I drink kool-aid or pat myself on the back about saving the planet.

I’m sure those fighter jets I read you talk about flying will on day be battery powered too and the trains and the tankers and the power plants and earth movers and ocean liners, freighter and the private and commercial planes etc.

Don’t forget to recycle your water bottle after your workout that you feel your doing doing your part. Lol