Thread: Electric cars.
View Single Post
Old 19 December 2022, 03:57 AM   #120
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinp View Post
When EVs are equal to ICE for my needs then I’m in. I would love to never need to go to a gas station and I would assume they have a very quiet ride.

$50k half ton Toyota Tundra 4WD truck that gets 500 miles per tank.

Probably will be available eventually.

The environmental stuff is not a factor for me.
That is completely understandable, no matter how you look at it, EVs require a great deal of adjustment from our habits developed from ICE over the last 100 years. They are more expensive, it takes longer to fill (charge) you really have to track charging station locations, you know there are gas stations on every corner and don’t have to think about it, and as you mentioned range. There are some advantages of an EV, no oil changes or other maintenance, reduced cost (MPGE electricity bs gasoline etc. But it is up to the individual consumer to decide if the advantages outweigh the negative points. My prediction, is that gradually, EVs will develop in to equal modes of convenience and cost, I know manufacturers are trying very hard and spending lots of money to try and get there. I truly believe that someday charging will take 5 minutes, the will be a station on every corner, range will be 500 miles and the cost will equal ICE cars. Yeah, I know, we are years away, but I think we will get there.