View Single Post
Old 21 December 2022, 04:07 AM   #3
Vasco
"TRF" Member

I handled the 5905A in the metal. As for the 5711 and 5205R, this dial is a sort of grey where PP added a drop of green. It's subtle and elegant. I think they nailed it on the overall case and dial sides. However, I'm not a fan of the bracelet (like for the 5960A) but I guess it pleased a part of potential clients. Not every model has to please every clients, from every regions.

Price wise, I guess the 2021 5905A was released at a period of time when it was still the watch hype periode. Hence, as HMHM said, it was another opportunity for professionals to make money (like for the classical models which hype period started a few months after the Nautilus/Aquanaut one, in order to cash in a little more). This being said, listed price isn't necessarily sold price. Like "on hold" doesn"t mean there is someone behind either :p

Today, the market has cooled down (quite significantly on some references). The 5905A isn't a Nautilus or an Aquanaut and the hype doesn't work as well.

This being said the 5905 is a great watch and a watch's appeal shouldn't be assessed from listed prices but from what we like in a watch, what it offers, basically.
Vasco is offline   Reply With Quote