Thread: Electric cars.
View Single Post
Old 21 December 2022, 04:30 PM   #140
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardBartlett View Post
There is a guy calls himself the electric viking who posts hundreds of videos on YT about electric vehicles
Now he's a strong convert so is reasonably biased ok heavily biased but he digs out and collates information about EV developments but freely admits not all will work, do work or will ever work but his efforts show just how much and how fast this technology is advancing. back in '05 ish I was lucky to be involved very very briefly in a UK towns electric bus wireless charging project. They set wireless chargers in the ground at bus stops so when busses stopped to drop and pick up they took on charge. These busses had old lead acid batteries because that's where the tech was, but in a few short years such is the progress new busses will have lithium (much better) and the next generation will probably be sodium (x4 better than lithium) .
if they re did the test now the results would be incredible such is the rate of progress

The speed of development in all aspects of EV are mind boggling and if you don't think man can overcome their adversities when thousands and thousands of engineers and billions and billions of dollars are being thrown at the various problems I'm guessing you're likely to be on the wrong side of history.
This tech has so may spill offs into other industries. Cordless power tools and household appliances, mobiles etc will benefit with greater battery strength.

Don't be a party pooping naysayer, stand back and marvel at this new technology going forward and wonder where it can take us rather than moan because we are not there yet.
Very well stated and exactly my opinion s well. There are TONS of problems and challenges to overcome, but there is such a HUGE effort underway they all will be. It will take decades, but it will happen.