View Single Post
Old 22 December 2022, 06:47 AM   #20
logo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytonaboy1977 View Post
I have a 321 landing Tomorrow "Forgive the Pun" would be glad to do some comparisons alongside my white dial ceramic Daytona and the Snoopy 50th Anniversary Silver Snoopy edition. All very cool watches and IMO I would struggle to choose between the three.
The white 116500 is a great watch no doubt. I do not own one, but have handled several Daytonas via friends.

Preference is really going to come down to what you prioritize in a watch. The 321 is the ultimate in stealth horology and “if you know, you know.” You’d pay $50,000 for essentially the same movement in a Patek 5070. The Daytona photographs very well, but of course is much less legible in person with almost useless pushers due to the screw down nature, though it also has a great automatic movement and obviously is a very good looking time piece with good wrist comfort. Better WR with the Daytona, but I still wear my 321 in water. In contrast, the snoopy has a very cool caseback and apart from that I feel like it’s mostly a dial change vs the regular 3861, like comparing a sub LV to an LN. No right or wrong, just preference. Me personally, I find the 321 Speedmaster outpaces every single Rolex I’ve seen in terms of precision crafting and attention to detail. Plus the fact it’s based on Gene Cernan’s own watch and how limited the 321 is, well you can probably tell my bias lol.
logo is online now   Reply With Quote