View Single Post
Old 26 December 2022, 01:14 PM   #81
thetahoess
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afficionado View Post
I agree with you regarding the Bal Harbor store. I have since moved on from AP. They make us feel at times like they’re doing us a favor by entertaining our request for watches that cost $$$. AP has taken an arrogant approach that has truly turned off true connoisseurs. The dismissive tone at the Bal Harbor boutique appears to be tone deaf. I’m curious to see when the table turns, the watch market for AP’s cool and the prices drop below MSRP. The last several years has been a true anomaly in the market. When athletes, rappers, bitcoin investors and IG influencers move on to another brand, we may go back to the days when AP watches sat on the display cases and had to be discounted. With the collapse of bitcoin inflated prices and an anticipated downturn in the market in 2023, we may revert back to a buyers market. That may be welcome news, sans the pain the declining market may have on regular folks.
Way back when when Francina ran that boutique, they were amongst, if not the best boutique in the country, in my opinion. But since she left the boutique for corporate, they went massively down hill. Unfortunately whoever is running that boutique just doesn’t seem to care about existing client lists. Who knows, maybe they’re getting greased under the table. It wouldn’t be the first time I’ve heard such stories within the industry.

B
thetahoess is offline   Reply With Quote