View Single Post
Old 1 January 2023, 04:08 AM   #3397
saxo3
"TRF" Member

32xx movement problem poll and data thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy E View Post
Now that I am done being shocked by how awesome Saxo3 is and how bad some of my watches are performing I have a question or two about warranty service.
Thank you very much for this appreciation.

Does Rolex consider a warranty event based on COSC +6/-4 range or do they consider a warranty event in their stated +2/-2 spec?
COSC is certainly a valid point you can use as an argument to request a check of your movement(s).

According to the timegrapher data, only your Day-Date 40 is outside of COSC specifications.

Rolex does not specify the accuracy but the precision of -2/+2 sec/day after casing.

Is that measured at full wind, 24 hr mark, or the average measurement over a period of time?
Is that based on the average of 5 positions at whatever point of measurement or do all 5 positions have to achieve a performance standard?
After full winding and for a period of 10 days with additional criteria.

Nobody is doing COSC tests with all their acceptance criteria.

Same basic question(s) in regards to amplitude. Is that an average over time, or at a particular point in time? What point in time or what average? Does each position have to achieve a specified amplitude or the average amplitude?
Unclear to me what you mean.

Amplitude values below 200 degrees are certainly a valid argument for guarantee work.
I do not know the official Rolex acceptance criteria for a movement warranty service.

Anyhow, I do know that RSC calls it movement control and NOT movement repair or movement service.

EasyE, do not get confused by several -2/+2 sec/day specs discussions you might find on the internet. This is a different and much more complex topic.
saxo3 is offline   Reply With Quote