View Single Post
Old 4 January 2023, 04:48 AM   #1
Johnald
"TRF" Member

Day-Date Hunting

Happy new year gents!
I’ve been waiting patiently for a call from one of the ADs in my area about a new watch (my first Rolex). In the meantime, I’ve been searching online forums and secondary market retailers for Rolexes both old and new, PM, SS, and TT. I’m particularly interested in a Day-Date.

I have come across a WG Day-Date, apparently from ‘83 (one year off from my birth year) that I want as the “dress watch” in my collection.

I would love to get opinions on the watch (pics attached) and what a reasonable price would be. Sorry the pics aren’t the best, I had some trouble formatting everything to fit using my tablet.

Also, it seems like vintage DDs are selling for less as a percentage of their new MSRP than pro models like the Submariner. I know their are a lot of variables there, but at least anecdotally, it seems to to be the case in my searches. I wonder if it’s because the DDs come in so many different combos (bezel, bracelet, dial, gems, etc.) and finding the right buyer for a given configuration is more difficult than a watch like the submariner which is more of a “cookie cutter” watch for lack of a better term, which has a broader appea.

What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance!

John
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 96B9F07B-E243-4A06-BA41-19C6FA53C659.jpeg (181.8 KB, 256 views)
File Type: jpeg 41709388-6707-4BAD-AC8B-2ED40A12DC28.jpeg (167.5 KB, 250 views)
Johnald is offline   Reply With Quote