View Single Post
Old 8 January 2023, 08:00 AM   #3422
Seo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesN View Post
Yet again we come back to the difference between PRECISION and ACCURACY.

They are NOT the same. This has been well explained and demonstrated earlier in this thread.

And as to your suggestion of 20 seconds per day error and around that area of course Rolex will NOT even suggest that is good.
Long time lurker, first time post.

On this topic though there is a technical difference between precision and accuracy don’t you feel they are simply using the term interchangeably? Any normal customer will take this as accuracy. When I took my DJ41 to rsc they spoke as if it meant accuracy per day. At no point did they try and correct me. At no point did they try and point out the consistency of the timing.

Just to contribute a tiny bit to this mega thread. My early 2021 dj41 was my daily. Started it’s life at a fantastic +1 per day. 7 months in I noticed it was slower than normal dropped to about -3s per day. By the eight month I was -10s per day. I had the watch warrantied and sold the watch which I replaced with a skydweller. It’s a bit thicker than I like but much prefer knowing there is no issue with the movement.

Sorry about my English it’s my second language.
Seo is offline   Reply With Quote