View Single Post
Old 17 January 2023, 12:13 AM   #132
SRG89
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cascavel View Post
I feel your pain. I knew it was over for me when my ALS boutique turned me down for a stainless Odysseus on the first day that they were taking applications for them, supposedly, even though I'd purchased 3 watches from them previously. But I feel good about having turned my watch collecting into a spectator sport, I no longer suffer injuries (to my pride).

Sorry to hear that. I love the Odysseus myself and have actually thought about purchasing an up down with the idea it would lead to an Odysseus. I don't see how you wouldn't be considered with 3 watches under your belt.

This is where I'm falling out of love with this hobby. We all work hard for our money, we can no longer save up and purchase a watch to celebrate an occasion or milestone. The milestone is now being allocated the watch as someone in this forum rightly said.
I'm tired of brands gatekeeping certain models. I'm willing to guess the residuals on the 3 ALS you've bought are not what you purchased them for.
How many more models do they want you to buy (which you wouldn't necessarily want) just to get offered an Odysseus?
I'm purposely looking at brands now where their models have no waitlist and no bs attached.
I'll get welcomed with a smile at least!
SRG89 is offline   Reply With Quote