View Single Post
Old 29 January 2023, 12:16 AM   #35
eatt_river
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuRo View Post
Nobody's commented on the Tiffany aspect.
Is it 100% correct ?....as if so the dial will be 80% of the watches value and the (over) polishing is a pimple on an elephants backside, so to speak.
Thank you @TuRo for interacting with me on my 1501 example. I actually traded in this piece (this 1501 asking price in Vietnamese currency is equivalent to roughly 2,2k USD).
TBH I was mostly attracted by the clean dial, Tiffany wording on it wasn’t the decisive factor for me to ‘pull the trigger’. Please note that this 1501 ref was my very first Rolex although I have had several vintage Swiss watches beforehand.

I learned somewhere that jeweler brand name such as Turler or Tiffany was added afterward by these brands. I meant if there weren’t jeweler names I would still buy this example.

In close inspection and under magnifier lens on my dial ink print of “Tiffany…” is sort of thinner, not as embossed as the usual wordings “superlative chronometer officially certified” for Rolex ones. Color hue of “Tiffany…” wording is also different to the rest of ink print on my dial. Sorry I can’t describe hue color difference but in person this seems obvious to everyone eyes.

Have a nice weekend
eatt_river is offline   Reply With Quote