View Single Post
Old 29 January 2023, 10:47 PM   #5
Reikolexguy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollieo View Post
This is such a nice movement. Spring drive along with GS finishing is what’s always been the highlights of this brand for me. The 9RA2 movement is compact, 5 days, and of course spring drive. Quite the looker too with the exhibition case backs.

The watches they’ve put it in, white birch and now the SLGA021, are near perfect. I have to say this clasp is much better. My only gripe, why would you start with a 22mm band, and why wouldn’t they taper it more!!!

GS is almost there. I’m looking forward to getting my next GS when it happens.

https://www.grand-seiko.com/us-en/collections/slga021g

I’m probably wrong about this.

I think the band width starting at 22mm had something to do with the evolution 9 design principles.

Something about the lug width needed to be at least half the size of the diameter of the case and thus ensuring low centre of gravity etc.

If I also recall correctly, since the GS concept is to scale “the pinnacle of practical watchmaking”, hewing to GS design principles is probably the reason most of their watches don’t have on the fly micro adjustments.

The idea was that you only needed to size the bracelet once, and then never have to touch it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reikolexguy is offline   Reply With Quote