View Single Post
Old 11 February 2023, 09:08 PM   #21
amh
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyk View Post
I know some of you guys demand precision out of your fine Rolex watches. I’m really only concerned I can set them each time I wear one and it will continue to run and tell me what time it is until I take it off. Less stress for sure.
Perhaps this depends on the size of one's collection or wearing pattern. If wearing for only a week the accuracy would be a non-issue (eg. wear a different one each week.) Over a month it would be more interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmahdi View Post
I really am impressed at the 32xx movements. I know early on many complained of so erratic issues that some of the watches were experiencing but for the most part, the movements are almost as accurate quartz or at least the Spring Drive movement in Grand Seiko watches.

I tell people that if you have a 32xx movement watch and you’re getting over 2 seconds a day, then get it regulated or even an overhauled if need be. If you get it back from a RSC and it’s getting right or a little over 2 seconds a day, go to an independent reliable watchmaker to get it regulated.
My experience as well. If the watch is outside the +/-2s spec, get it checked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxo3 View Post
Just because a 32xx watch runs very accurately it does NOT mean that there isn't a problem with its movement.

It has been shown so many times that the caliber amplitudes, especially in the 3 vertical positions, can drop below specs and the watch still keeps very good time but then, after a little longer, timekeeping goes really bad.<snip>
Is the low amplitude merely a symptom? The watch will certainly fail after such a discovery? If it's still accurate.... then why does it matter? (Just wondering)
amh is offline   Reply With Quote