View Single Post
Old 11 February 2023, 10:39 PM   #23
saxo3
"TRF" Member

Perfect 0.0 Accuracy After One Month: Rolex Amazingness

Quote:
Originally Posted by amh View Post
Is the low amplitude merely a symptom? The watch will certainly fail after such a discovery? If it's still accurate.... then why does it matter? (Just wondering)
Good questions

Low 32xx amplitudes are the key observable to determine if a movement has caught the virus already or not yet.

A 32xx will not fail after such a 'discovery', but the owner will know that his watch will develop serious timekeeping problems in the coming weeks or months.

It does not matter when you discover it but you can be sure that the movement is sick (or not).

Anyhow, I do not want to spoil any accuracy party! But to say "my watch is 0.0 after a month" (or a week) is meaningless because it also depends when exactly you are reading it.

If the OP would have shown a Watch Tracker result then we all would see that his DJ41 (3235) is oscillating around 0.0, which is absolutely normal due to positional rate differences (as he described in post 1).

Look at my graph for two 32xx watches in post 20. They showed this excellent timekeeping but were already sick.

saxo3 is offline   Reply With Quote