View Single Post
Old 14 March 2023, 09:08 AM   #31
MD.
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pereztroika View Post
There is definitely something weird going on imo. The area around the valve looks awkward compared to other pieces in this range.

The engravings between the lugs at 12 o'clock appear to be considerably larger and the typeface is off. Check the G of Registered for instance. The caseback knurling looks odd too in comparison.

Cheers
Jose

Thank you Jose. You’re a life saver.
Not going to lie but I was very close to pulling the trigger on this and would have lost a lot of hard earned money that took many years to build up. I’m glad I listened to my good friends’ advice Mr Filipao, to ask on here before proceeding.

The seller has reached out and apologised for not doing the due diligence on the watch before listing.

It has always been a dream of mine to get a tropical dial of this reference or from 1680.
I thought that paying extra and finding the expert would alleviate some of the dangers in the vintage world - an important lesson was learnt.

Nevertheless, this is a marathon and half the fun is in the hunt. The quest continues!

Also, this community is amazing and I want to thank everyone who commented so far!
MD. is offline   Reply With Quote