View Single Post
Old 18 March 2023, 02:57 AM   #26
logo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gebbeth View Post
Are Ed Whites only reserved for certain Omega customers? Does this constitute a waitlist of just a really exclusive model of the Speedmaster?
I believe Omega has tiered this watch in that there are two paths to entry via a boutique, both of which come with an element of patience and luck. Path 1 is spend history, which will be well over $50k or more depending on location. Path 2 is regardless of spend history, convince them you know everything there is to know about the 321, NASA, the Speedmaster etc and form a great relationship with the SA. The latter worked for me and several others here, but it’s not like we just “decided” to learn about the history for the sake of the watch. I truly believe Omega wants the 321 in the hands of true enthusiasts - not just who like the idea/look of the 321 or who can spend the most. In many ways, I feel this watch creates a community of like minded collectors more so than maybe any other watch on market today, except for some of the high end perpetual calendar Pateks/APs. Again, both paths require patience. Nothing is happening overnight, and the list maybe huge in some markets so going gray is a reasonable option IMO.
logo is offline   Reply With Quote