View Single Post
Old 31 March 2023, 05:16 AM   #145
jaisonline
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5 digit models
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_O View Post
Congratulations!

I do have one question for you.... Was it worth the wait? Now that you have one in your hands, is it living up to the idea you had in your head for the last five years? I hope it is.
Thanks Jay. Was it worth the wait? Good question. I have a long answer 2-part answer. In short, YES it was but...

1. While I never tried on the 116500, I'm familiar w/ the 116520 (essentially the same watch w/ a diff bezel and dial) and the 16520. Additionally, I know the clasp from other models. Thus, I had a solid idea about fit and size on the wrist.
The 116500 that's now in my collection is exactly what was in my head since 2018. on the watch itself. It's still an overhyped watch nevertheless (just my honest opinion).

2. The time and money wasted while waiting 5 years is what's still bothering me; I'll get over it (a lesson learnt). Like most people, I dislike wasting money, time, and opportunity costs.
So essentially, the opportunity cost (risk / reward) of waiting to pay MSRP is the key disappointment. If I bought the watch in 2018, the leftover money saved would have been allocated to something else / another hobby item (maybe a mid-grade 1951 Bowman Willie Mays; it was far less expensive in 2018 than current prices which happen to be currently declining). Plus, I could have been wearing the 116500 for the last 4-5 years wearing admiring the Mays :)
jaisonline is offline   Reply With Quote