Thread: Nightmare 1665
View Single Post
Old 19 July 2009, 06:17 AM   #22
DadsWatch72
Banned

Watch: DRSD 1665 #3551XXX

Thanks for the advice and I'm glad you like the history. Do you really think that a repair person would steal parts from my watch at a "Rolex Service Center"? They deal with watches that are worth so much more than mine. Solid gold, diamond bezels, and platinum watches are what they see all the time everyday. Not to mention they probably get paid very well. Why would they jepordize their profession for a couple of old watch hands? I would also think they have video cameras in all areas of the facility to ensure security for the merchandise. I'm more worried about Mr. Joe Blow postman digging into my package before it ever gets to Rolex. I do trust them not to "steal" the parts but I am concerned that they would want to replace them with new parts. Hypothetically speaking, if a RSC somewhere (its looking like it will be in Never Neverland) then i would make it abundantly clear they are not to replace any part (if they have it in stock cough cough) or allowed to keep any original parts if and when they do replace said part. I can only go on their "word" that they would honor my demands but I do trust that "Rolex" would honor any agreements. In regards to their ability to service the watch without a scratch, I have no concerns whatsoever. I do agree with you about "good restoration guys" being "at least as good, if not better." I don't know what it is but they just exude that old world craftsman look and feel. Maybe its the eyepiece they wear. If I remember correctly the Canadian RSC said they deal with an "outside" service center that they refer clients with older Rolex watches to and that some of those guys have worked for Rolex in the past as repairmen, but don't quote me. As far as the band goes...I think this could be one big conspiracy to make Steve the richest man in the world because everyone is telling me to buy one from him.
DadsWatch72 is offline   Reply With Quote