View Single Post
Old 13 April 2023, 03:09 PM   #1
ctkjjk
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner-C Date
Grand Seiko service in US

I Purchased secondhand but in great condition an SBGJ237, and it still has a year and a half on the warranty card. Got a great deal of Nakano Broadway for about 45% off MSRP, a watched looked like it had never been worn.

I have the warranty card and the crown was sticking so I reached out to GrandSeiko US service. They told me I have to send in the watch, the original warranty card, and when I sent a picture of my warranty card bingo. They said that card is only valid in Japan and I should’ve been given an international warranty card.

A couple of questions to anyone who has used GrandSeiko service in the US.

Have you had a good experience? I’m afraid they will lose my warranty card if I send it in but I don’t have a choice.

The service website seems confusing. It doesn’t have an option to send in the watch for warranty service, you check boxes to pay say $550 for a movement work over and check up. I don’t even see an option for warranty service. I guess I have to pay to send the watch to them in New Jersey.

Has anyone run into this issue with the “international“ warranty card?

Customer Service did reply in email to me saying they will update the warranty status when I mail it in Seems a little complicated for what should be an international watch brand.

Any and all advice appreciated. Thanks from Texas.

Ps. I absolutely love the watch.
I’m no good at uploading pictures
ctkjjk is offline   Reply With Quote