View Single Post
Old 16 May 2023, 02:59 AM   #36
sensui
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by llngoc View Post
Don’t get me wrong. My intention was to ask if I can be added to a waitlist. The spend threshold was volunteered from the SA.

As I said, the silver snoopy was a fun watch for me as a Peanut fan. I don’t mind to wait for 5-10 years if it is what it takes. I have watches line up to 2027 so I am used to the waiting game. I was just applauded by the level of spending ask so balantly from a mass production brand’s own boutique. I can expect this from an AD which sells other brands or jewelry but never from a brand owned store.
It's definitely new territory for Omega with the limited production game versus their limited edition game for many years. The number of 50th anniversary apollo 13 and 321s (stainless and even slimmer pickings the platinum/canopus) has drastically trickled down since the announcement. You got waitlists that are basically closed for the Snoopy watch with people on the list since release that aren't 100% sure to be allocated the watch and discontinuation might come any day......at least they come in batches here and there and there's some hope for these people waiting....then you have the 321 that has crawled to almost a halt at the boutiques in terms of allocation (you are talking about 6-10 watches every 3-4 months if lucky with the top grossing boutiques in the US) with also hundreds of people on these lists.

The brand is obviously mass produced just like Rolex etc....Omega has far less references that are "hot" compared to Rolex but they're certainly taken the low production route with these watches.....321, Snoopy, 60th Bond, moonshine panda speedies and even a green seamaster 300 professional etc....Trying something new I guess. The rep probably doesn't want to put you at the end of these lists with no realistic returns because there's no guarantee (actually more likely the opposite) they can allocate you the watch before the watch stops production after seeing the hardware you and the wife is sporting....of course I'm sure that helped the rep also in blasting out some big $$'s for you to have these watches now and then.

I personally don't like the approach but it's the norm in Asia from my experiences and I've seen it here in the states also. Just shrug and move on is my take.
sensui is offline   Reply With Quote