View Single Post
Old 26 May 2023, 09:35 PM   #6
DJ2020
"TRF" Member

Watch: 226570
Quote:
Originally Posted by SvenNikolai View Post
You have to see them both in person, preferably at the same time. If you absolutely need a glass bottom, polished bracelet links and a sapphire, then take the sapphire. However, it also costs about 1000€ more. The wearing comfort is extremely good. The current Speedmaster is an absolute classic and, despite the higher prices, I still can't beat it in terms of value for money. I chose Hesalite.

Short addendum, because the "huge" disadvantage of the Hesalit is described above: I've been wearing the Hesalit for almost a year now and so far I haven't had the slightest scratch on it. Otherwise, you can polish the surface. Likewise, an exchange is much cheaper than with sapphires. It is probably a matter of the head that one always wants to have a flawless glass and is therefore a little "afraid" of scratches. I also think it's perfectly fine if you choose sapphires.
I did just that. compared them side by side. I also choose hesalite yesterday.
I was thinking that worst case I would just replace the crystal. I love the new bracelet and the adjustable clasp. Pretty nice. I actually knew right away this was the one for me and fits like a glove. The only other watch that has gave me that feeling was my 39.5 Planet Ocean. My SA didn't know it, But it was sold before she even handed it to me.
Rolex 226570, Explorer II Club
DJ2020 is offline   Reply With Quote