View Single Post
Old 28 May 2023, 11:39 PM   #33
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin of Larchmont View Post
It’s no shock or shame that a business is in it for the money, especially a business with a corporate conglomerate parent. Panerai made too many watches too fast and in doing so they committed the cardinal sin of a luxury brand, they made their product ubiquitous. Now and in recent years they have been struggling to pivot and get a toehold while still remaining relevant. There are some lovely new Panerai models that I would be happy to own, the loveliest of which reference their legacy models which are considerably less expensive on the secondary market. I just can’t bring myself to spend $12K on a Panerai when so many classics are available for $6K. I can’t be the only one. Therein lies Panerai’s struggle.
I agree with your thoughts. I enjoy Panerai and just picked up a 1305 from 2019 and while it is cosmetically a little beat up, I like it. Was looking at the 2305 and for what my AD wanted I was able to get the 1305 for less than half. I am always in the market for something unique and fun but I find most of the older Panerai's fit that bill.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote