View Single Post
Old 7 June 2023, 11:17 AM   #35
Polar Bear
"TRF" Member

Watch: Panerai PAM687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin of Larchmont View Post
There are some lovely new Panerai models that I would be happy to own, the loveliest of which reference their legacy models which are considerably less expensive on the secondary market. I just can’t bring myself to spend $12K on a Panerai when so many classics are available for $6K. I can’t be the only one. Therein lies Panerai’s struggle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1William View Post
I agree with your thoughts. I enjoy Panerai and just picked up a 1305 from 2019 and while it is cosmetically a little beat up, I like it. Was looking at the 2305 and for what my AD wanted I was able to get the 1305 for less than half. I am always in the market for something unique and fun but I find most of the older Panerai's fit that bill.
^^THIS^^

The new Green Cali Dial Rad (PAM 1349) is great, but for almost half i can get into a BNIB PAM 931 (Tropical Cali Dial Rad)
I'd love a PAM 968 (Bronzo), but aside from the fact that ADs expect you to have a spend history with them before they're even prepared to discuss it, for the same money, I'm in PAM 974 territory (Rose Gold Sub)

I've owned a couple of Panerai over the years (2 of which i still have) but i've never bought one from an AD, so when they discontinue something, or release some design i'm not happy about, i dont really complain much cause i know i'm part of the problem