View Single Post
Old 13 June 2023, 11:55 AM   #42
dlmocdm
"TRF" Member

Definitely get a refund. They advertised and sold a watch that, by the looks of it, is fake or has some non-original parts. They should have properly authenticated it but failed to do so. If you had not noticed it, you could have walked out with a fake/non-original watch. That is quite bad; wouldn't trust that seller. If the dial is indeed an original variation, they should be able to explain it (e.g. which years it was produced, etc) because again, they should have authenticated the watch. So I would get my money back and work with a different, more trustworthy seller.

Option #1 is pretty bad. They would just lose <2k USD out of their failure (accidental or intended), you would have to wait several months (while they hold your money), and if it is indeed Frankenstein watch, not sure what Patek may do. If a new case, new dial, etc. is needed, Patek would likely charge extra. The seller may reject the extra charges, and you may end up without a watch, and having had your money held for months.

Option #2 is more reasonable, but they would likely try to identify the cheapest watch they can (e.g. not in pristine condition, overpolished, without papers, etc.) and allocate it to you. I don't think they will procure the best watch they can, at their loss.

My recommendation, get your money back, start with a new seller.
dlmocdm is offline   Reply With Quote