View Single Post
Old 20 July 2023, 10:42 AM   #16
kaiserphoenix
"TRF" Member

Watch: FPJ CO BL
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyp View Post
You have to think about what was going on when Rolex was doing its annual planning. If a recession was anticipated during H2 23, then it would make sense to try and move the PM inventory before an anticipated crash. I’m guessing Rolex works with some very talented economists in developing those plans, so maybe they know something we don’t…
Agreed. In addition, they probably have a team of analysts looking at things like the FX Variance between nations and also distributing stock accordingly to maximise sales. For example in Japan, I have yet to see a single AD with ANYTHING in stock, despite many TRF'ers spotting Daydates or PM Skydwellers on display sometimes or in the back. In Japan, we have ZERO. Then I compared the MSRP of Japan and countries like the US/UK and noticed that the price differential was HUGE. A Yachtmaster RG on oysterflex for example was a whopping 30% price differential between japan and many other countries. This lead me to conclude that if I were the head of Rolex, why would I send inventory to japan and essentially sell at 30% discount?
F.P.Journe Chronometre Optimum Black Label, Patek 5811G-001, A. Lange & Söhne Lange 1 191.039, Patek 5167A-001, Rolex Yacht-Master 40 Everrose, (Wh) Rolex Daytona 116500, (Blue) Rolex Skydweller 326934, Rolex Submariner 126610LV

IG: tokyo_watch_guy
kaiserphoenix is online now   Reply With Quote